Social media and online marketing are increasingly important assets for businesses to get found by and engage with potential customers on the web.
Think about the way you find information about products and services – are you watching TV ads? Going through your junk mail? Or are you consulting a search engine or a friend?
With so many marketing messages being pushed everyday, we are increasingly better and better at ignoring marketing messages with DVRs, caller ID, and spam filters. Instead, potential customers visit Google and social networks for answers to their questions. The question for you is, will you be there to answer it?
Gone are the days when “Facebook is just a big time waster for kids” and “Twitter is where you post what you had for lunch”. Today, social media is a proven avenue to increase links to your website and create awareness and buzz about your business.
Here are the main reasons why businesses should use social media:
• Get found by people who are searching for your products or services
• Connect and engage with current and potential customers
• Create a community and top of mind around your business
• Promote other content you create to increase links to your website
• Generate new leads
It doesn’t need to take long, but it does take dedication and imagination.
5 Basic Steps to start using facebook for business:
1. Create a Business Page
2. Add logo and complete profile information
3. Add interesting content on a regular basis
4. Connect your website to your Facebook page
5. Promote your Facebook page to gain more “Likes”
The Spark Design Team is an expert in leveraging the benefits of social media for businesses and would be happy to discuss a custom approach that will result in measurable results.